WanderingScribe

Feb, 2006. For the past five months I have been living in a car at the edge of woods — jobless and homeless and totally unable to find a way out. I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't scream loudly enough, but I can read and write. So here I am laying down tracks...hopefully the start of an online paper trail out of here. (Update: Miracles happen....if you are reading my story I am part of your proof.)

Friday, January 01, 2010

A flock of colours...a path of yellow moonlight...and may a slow wind work these words of love around you...to mind your life

1 January 2010
From John O'Donohue (1956-2008), a blessing for your New Year:

Beannacht
("Blessing")

On the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

And when your eyes
freeze behind
the grey window
and the ghost of loss
gets in to you,
may a flock of colours,
indigo, red, green,
and azure blue
come to awaken in you
a meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays
in the currach of thought
and a stain of ocean
blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters
a path of yellow moonlight
to bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.
And so may a slow
wind work these words
of love around you,
an invisible cloak
to mind your life.

11 Comments:

At 2:23 am, Blogger Herman said...

Beautiful!

 
At 10:20 am, Blogger maryellen said...

Hello just read your book and wondered if your blog was still here. I hope that you are moving forward with your life. I know how hard it is and am still tryng to figure out how to change mine. It also made me feel not so alone. Thankyou for writing your book.

 
At 4:30 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you. Your story is great, your book is even greater, and you yourself is the greatest. Hope you'll get all your wishes to become true :)

 
At 9:42 pm, Anonymous nicole said...

i have just finished reading your book which i found hard to read because in some ways it reminded me of some of my taunted memories that i had shut out but it was so hard to put down. it was touching to see that there ARE other people that have had a difficult childhood but pull through it . thankyou. you are an inspiration to all of us. keep going forward and we are all one step behind you x

 
At 4:13 pm, Blogger Dreamer said...

Read your story again published on Reader's Digest (Feb 2008). I wondered if your blog is still up. I hope that everything is going well and you're continually moving forward.

thanks for sharing that poem and most of all, thanks for sharing your story. ^_^

 
At 1:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,,Keep holding on supergirl!!You're my biggest inspiration.
LOve!!

 
At 10:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really beautiful.. I read your book some years ago and I still come here time to time to read your blog and see how are you doing. :) All the best for you for your future! Keep your head up and high! :) xxx

 
At 9:29 am, Anonymous Sean M Kelly said...

for Courage by John O'Donohue

...
Know that you are not alone
And that this darkness has purpose
Gradually it will school your eyes
To find the one gift your life requires
Hidden within the night-corner.

...
Close your eyes
Gather all the kindling
About your heart
to create one spark
that is all you need
to nourish the flame
that will cleanse the dark
of its weight of festered fear

...

Loved your story in Readers Digest
best wishes
Sean M Kelly

 
At 11:48 am, Blogger Unknown said...

i am 13 and have read your book,you are so inspirational.You have showed people that if life is hard there is always a way around it.Keep your head up high! well done!:)X

 
At 6:14 pm, Anonymous luton to w2 said...

Amazing,... I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very useful information particularly the last part Thanks dude

 
At 12:42 pm, Anonymous Junk Cars Orlando said...

I really like what you posted. Are you still living in a car?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home