WanderingScribe

Feb, 2006. For the past five months I have been living in a car at the edge of woods — jobless and homeless and totally unable to find a way out. I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't scream loudly enough, but I can read and write. So here I am laying down tracks...hopefully the start of an online paper trail out of here. (Update: Miracles happen....if you are reading my story I am part of your proof.)

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Breaking the back of my inbox

Time seems so speeded up — another Christmas already! Sometimes I can't believe how quick things are going. Don't feel I've done enough these past twelve months to mark off another year just yet. I'm here though, hopefully putting the peices of my life back together again. What I'm not doing so well with at the moment, is with emails — in replying to them.

I thought I was more or less ontop of things, but last week I found a folder I had moved lots of emails into. Lovely emails in response to the book. I separated them out, intending to reply to them later that week, only I somehow forgot all about it. So I am now playing catch-up with myself — trying to reply to all those that were in that folder, as well as the ones that have come in since. That might take a while... so for now I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading the book and for taking the time to get in touch. I really have appreciated all the kind thoughts and the sharing parts of your own stories, about you or others close to you — some of who never made it.
I'll never forget that this time the year before last, I was almost one of them...
For that I feel so very grateful.
...Thank you.

8 Comments:

At 3:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have just finished reading your book and i feel i must congratulate you from overcoming all that terrible stuff that happened to you i went through something like that as a child exactly like what happened to you an i think you are an inspiration to me unfortunatly i cant get over what happened to me i stayed silent an now that person is dead an i never got no revenge for what happened to me he got buried with dignity and got away with everything i am happy for you and its good to know that some people can get over the bad things that happen to them i wish you all the best on getting back on your feet an getting your life back together love kat x

 
At 10:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first book i have read for years. My daughter told me about it she said mum you must read it i said you know me i can,t sit still long enough to read but i took it anyway. istarted to read it and found i couldn,t put it down .you are a true insperation to the all who have gone through simalar events in there life.Good luck in all you achieve.

 
At 8:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have just finished reading your book. i am only 15 and i sat there in tears to know that you got through all that, not only from what you went through with your uncle but from living in a car. i was extremely shocked at how anybody could do that. i hope you get back on your feet as i am sure you are almost there. We all have faith in you... you made it!!

 
At 4:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear you i read the article in readers digest and found it very moving.So visited your blogspot the things you have gone through life are really tough so hats off for your courage and will.i live in Pakistan world apart and lived a very happy family life never had such a bad experience so it gives me a very different perspective about life. Although we are on different places but i feel connected to your problem.Wish i could solve some of your problems.So the first step is to be your friend.So take care and goodbye Friend

 
At 7:59 am, Blogger tulip said...

Dear Ms. Anya,

I just finished reading the readre's digest where your story was published. I was moved by the situations you've been through and how well you handled everyday of your life inside your car. I was then realized that people can never choose what would they have or where would they lead. You story emphasizes a strenght of a woman that despite of diffcult times still looking for ways to survive. Though, it was not easy still youstrive and here you are now. You are blessed and guided by our God. May you always have peace and happiness in your heart.

 
At 11:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey anya...
i read your article in reader's digest(singapore edition) and you really inspire me...

i wish u all the best... take care

 
At 1:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ihave just finished your book, i only brought it yesterday but once i started reading it i couldnt put it down, i just wanted to say that that im very proud of what you have done and if i ever find myself in the same state then i only hope i have your courage to get though it, goodluck with everything you do, i hope your mum and kathy get in touch

 
At 8:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello dear anya,what a inspiration you are to all the lost n lonley youngster's out in the big wide world ,my hope is that they may come across your book n read it,proving that never give up HOPE just like you did ,woner if your mum as read the book ,and realise what a wonderful daughter she as created ,bless u alway's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home